- We respect each other.
- We are honest.
- We resolve our conflicts non-violently.
- We show respect for differences.
- We take care of ourselves.
- We take care of each other.
- We take care of Franklin Academy.
- We take care of the world.
To help frame our Code of Conduct within a larger perspective, last Wednesday, October 24, our Diversity Committee held the second annual Diversity Fair at Franklin Academy. Each staff-hosted table celebrated differences among groups of people that members of our community have a personal connection to in some way. Tables included food, pictures, handouts, books, clothing, information, activities, and games.
Students were grouped ahead of time and mixed across teams. The groups rotated around the School House and our students spent about five minutes at each booth. Students carried a “diversity passport” that they filled out throughout the fair, and later they discussed during team meetings their experiences and identified any new perspectives that were gained.
The list of this year’s diversity line-up along with the faculty host is as follows:
- Kenya – Pete Govert
- Switzerland – Jennifer Dziekan
- LGBT Pride – Kinsley Rausch
- Italy – Rich Cherubino
- South Asia – Fahd Rafiq
- Costa Rica – Sara Giroux
- Middle East – Hend Salah
- African-American Culture – Jill Howard
- Women’s History – Julie Connors
- Hispanic Heritage – Stephanie Lopez and Wade Tomlinson
- Puerto Rico – Roberto Padua
- Barcelona and Spain – Sadie Peden
Click on the arrow in the photograph below for a short video slideshow set to a Mediterranean tune that that looks at Franklin Academy’s Diversity Fair.