The Admissions Process at Franklin Academy
The Admissions Team is missing being together in our cozy office and is very sad not to welcome visitors to campus during this national emergency! (Note: picture taken in better times, before social distancing was instituted!)
We are still open for business and look forward to speaking with you! Please give us a call or send us an email to discuss your student’s needs, ask questions, explore the admissions process, or arrange for a live chat with the Admissions Director and Program Director.
860-873-2700 x 1114
We are delighted you have decided to explore a potential fit between your student and Franklin Academy! Here is the progression, as well as various options, for this journey with us:
2. After we have reviewed testing, you will receive a call to discuss the potential match between your student and Franklin Academy.
3. If it looks promising that there may be a good fit between your child and Franklin Academy, you will be invited to visit campus. Since we focus on match, and meeting students is vital to that process, we will only schedule full visits for parents who bring their student. We will ask you to complete a Parent Questionnaire prior to your campus visit.
- Occasionally parents may want to explore Franklin Academy without their student so we have designed several Information Sessions offered throughout the year. These are geared toward adults and give attendees an opportunity to get an overview of our program, meet administrators, and hear from current students, parents, alumni, and parents of graduates. This is a great introduction to Franklin Academy and gives parents the information they need to decide if an extended regular campus visit and tour with their student will be worthwhile.
4. Following a regular campus visit and interview, if the fit between school and student seems right, a completed application with student questionnaire, previous school questionnaire, and an official transcript with school records School Records Release Form can be submitted to complete the application.
5. The Franklin Academy Admissions Committee reviews completed applications and makes decisions. Students are notified on March 10 for Fall enrollment or on a rolling basis if space is available.
We look forward to helping you navigate our process and are eager to meet you and your student! If you have questions at any time, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 860-873-2700 ext. 1114.
Tuition 2020-2021 (assistance Available)
When evaluating the cost of a Franklin Academy education, please note that unlike other schools, our tuition is an all-inclusive fee which includes room and board (for residential students), counseling, learning center support, books, clubs, activities, laundry, and technology and facility fees.
While Franklin Academy does not offer traditional Financial Aid, every applicant goes into a pool to be considered for several scholarship opportunities. There are two named scholarships: The Marcia B. Rubinstien Scholarship and The Asperger’s Awareness Council Scholarship. Additionally, there are Franklin Academy Merit scholarships.
Many of our families receive significant financial support from their home school district, typically in the form of reimbursement for tuition paid to Franklin Academy. Some parents also follow the instructions found in Publication 502 of the Internal Revenue Service to claim the cost of attending Franklin Academy as a medical expense. Additionally, up to $10,000 per year may be drawn from a 529 Plan to pay for private school education. We recommend the counsel of a lawyer or tax advisor if you decide to pursue any of these options.
Boarding (grades 8 – 12) PG and FLI College
Paid in full by the signing deadline $79,950
Quarterly payments (w/finance charge) $85,000
Day (grades 8 – 12)
Paid in full by the signing deadline $69,950
Quarterly payments (w/finance charge) $75,000