Is Franklin Academy Right For Your Student?
We believe our students have the greatest upside potential of any group of adolescents today. They are smart, interesting, and passionate young people who may not feel successful in traditional school settings. In fact, they may be merely enduring school rather than enjoying their school experience and thriving. Things like large class size, lack of accommodations, increasing social pressure, being misunderstood by teachers and school professionals, and the fast pace of schools today can create anxiety and inhibit success. In the right environment, with the right educators, our students can belong, grow, and succeed.
Franklin Academy Students:
- Possess average to superior cognitive ability
- May be identified with an Autism Spectrum Disorder – Level 1 (formerly Asperger’s), a Nonverbal Learning Disability, a Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder, Anxiety, ADHD, or Executive Functioning Disorder
- Can have difficulty with academic work production due to struggles with organization, planning, time management, and social pragmatics
- Have strong reading skills, but may not fully comprehend inference or abstraction
- Are easily discouraged and can avoid completing assignments or homework
- May have difficulty understanding social nuance
Franklin Academy Students are NOT:
- Presenting with a primary emotional or behavioral disorder
- Substance users
- Displaying repetitive behavioral outbursts
- Physically aggressive
- Engaging in self-harm